Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday, April 25th Blog - Chapter 5 Continued...

Excerpt from The Governess, Chapter 5 (continued):

Deliberately, he reached down to move the other chair purposely closer to the fire.  “You seem cold…for you are trembling.  Won’t you please join me at the warmth of the fire?” 
Immediately, he was covering her in a warm blanket.  Her shock and gratitude showed upon her face.  She could only stare.  Shaking herself, she looked at the flames of the fire instead.  Finally able to gain a response from her body, Carly slowly lowered herself into the chair he had provided.
“You were going to look for a book?” he asked. 
            Beside herself with nerves, she stammered, “I…I was, yes.” 
The chair seemed to swallow her up, he thought, she was so petite.  “You cannot sleep then?”
            Shaking her head and curls, she said, “I cannot.  I am sure I shall adjust quickly though, my lord.”  Carly pulled the blanket more tightly around herself. 
Lord Huntington, stiff and unyielding, was a combination of moods tonight, for he looked rather guilty as he sat down across from her.  “I am sorry if I have been demanding of you already.  I have brought you undue stress.  I do not wish to be heavy handed and cause you to lose sleep.” 
Surprised at his offered apology, she was silent.  Never would she expect this man to apologize to anyone, let alone to herself. 
After a moment, she spoke, “Thank…thank you, my lord.  I can be quite outspoken.  It is a weakness, I’m afraid.”  Was that a smile she saw? 
Changing the subject, Lord Huntington uncharacteristically asked, “What do you like reading?  Do you have favorites?  As you can see, we have an extensive library to choose from.” 
            Again, uncertain at his offered, almost-friendly conversation, she wavered.  “Well, I do.  But I was simply looking for any kind of distraction to help me fall asleep, my lord.”
            Leaning forward, he insisted upon an answer, “Tell me.  What do you enjoy?”
            “Well,” she looked at him timidly, “I do love poetry, for many reasons, but mostly because…,” she hesitated. 
            “Do go on, mostly because…what?” 
            Blushing, she was hesitant to disclose such personal feelings to him.  After a moment, she continued, “Because…poetry can be so romantic.  I mean, um, well, I find that poets can be so expressive in the feelings of the heart.  It has always fascinated me that a person can describe with simple words so well what comes deep from within a soul.” 
            He looked uncomfortable. “I see.  And,” he prompted. 
            “Well, I am a woman you know, so, I like,” she began, but he interrupted. 
            “Yes, I am extremely well aware of the fact that you are, indeed, a woman.”  An unnerving twinkle shone in his dark eyes.  Even in the firelight, he could tell she was blushing.  He was finding that she did this quite regularly and with very little effort.  “Indeed, I would say you are a fine sampling of womanhood.” 

Join me on Friday for another excerpt!

Thanks,
Ellise  :)

No comments: