Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Yeah! A New Blog Post for Friday!! -- April 29th Blog -- Chapter 5 Continued

Excerpt from The Governess, Chapter 5 (continued):

Carly thought she would die of embarrassment, “What…what I meant was that women are…are sort of romantic creatures, you know,” hesitating.  She could not believe she was having this conversation with him. 
            “Yes, I know.  Do go on.”  Still, the alarming twinkle sparkled in his eyes. 
            “I am merely saying that I enjoy a good romance, whether it be in poetry form or a lovely story.  The happily ever after thing and all.  I simply love happy endings.”  She shrugged her shoulders.  “I so dislike being sad.” 
            “I see.”
            “Do you?  You see, my parents were so in love.”  Her nerves had caught up with her tongue and now she was sure she babbled ceaselessly.  “The way they talked to each other, the way they looked at each other, one could always tell.  They could finish each other’s sentences, they were so in love.”  
She was correct.  She was babbling. 
“It made such a difference to my sister and I to be part of a happy family.  I think it is crucial to any family.” 
He was frowning, but nodded for her to continue. 
“Well, I guess that is why I love reading about love and happy endings.  I have seen both the lack of it and the abundance of it.  I much prefer the abundance.” 
The sting on his face was evident.  Carly thought he must be thinking of his departed wife.  They sat in silence for several moments till she bravely asked, “What kind of reading do you enjoy, my lord?” 
            Still frowning, he answered automatically, “Anything I can get my hands on, but mostly history.”  Quietly looking up at her, he added, “And…occasionally, poetry.” 
            “You do?  I would not have guessed that of you!  Well, I would the history, but not the…”  She froze and shook her head in instant apology, “Oh sir, I am sorry to presume…”  Faltering, she looked at him, but he was staring at her intently, almost humorously.  “I should not be so bold.”  What was he thinking of her now?  Could she muddle this conversation any more than she already had?  “I…I do apologize.” 
Chuckling a little, he did not relieve her much for she was too astonished that he had such emotion.  He only continued to stare at her, taking in her hair that fell around her shoulders spilling upon the cozy blanket that enveloped her. Her tiny slippers peeked out from under her nightgown hem. She was so petite.  So tempting.

Join me again on Monday, May 2, for a new post!

Thanks for reading with me!
Ellise ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work Ellise! It is a bit hard to read the print on the picture so you might want to make it bigger and darker...great efforts on all fronts though!!
Love you \O/

Diane xoxo

Weaver Reads said...

Thanks Diane! You're my biggest fan! Your dedication to all my projects is admiring and so kind. Love you! Ellise