Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Another Monday

Here we are at a new week's beginning.  The tulips and daffodils are coming up, the leaves are budding out, and things are turning green.  This is my favorite time of year.  Winter can be so long, so I always enjoy the promise of fair weather and the accompanying greenery. 

As part of my Spring-cleaning, I've taken out The Governess, shaken her out, dusted her off, and begun again to finish this project. I'm in the middle of Chapter 44-Escape.  Having shaken loose some of the inexperience from before when I worked on her, I'm finding lots of POV variances.  I'm struggling with the desire to change them completely.  Some I have, and I'm very happy.  Other scenes have been split so many ways, at this point, I simply refuse to change what I have.  I've cleaned them up and made sure that the reader at least knows who is speaking, but the content was good already.  I felt it was a waste of my precious time to do more.  I may change my mind yet, or I just simply might regret this decision.  I don't know yet.  For now, I'm just happy to move on to the next chapter. 

My goal is to be self-published by June, if not before.  May sounds much better to me.  :)  This project has taken up so much of my time.  I began the original manuscript on January 2, 2008, the year after chemo.  I wanted a new goal for that year.  It was successful at diverting my attention away from sadder, more difficult things.  But I want to see it finished.  There is great satisfaction in seeing our goals completed, if for no other reason than to say, "I've done it."

So join me in 'getting goals done'.  It's a great feeling.  What are your goals?

Happy reading & writing!
Ellise

No comments: