Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, May 23, 2011 - BiWeekly Blog - Chapter 6

Excerpt from The Governess -- Chapter 6 continued:

As she made her way through the different gardens, she smelled something very distinct and found that she was nearing the stables.  “Good heavens!  That never fails to wake me!”  She decided to pay them a visit herself and ask if there would be a spare horse for her to enjoy morning rides upon. 
An old man was hunched over shodding a horse.  Hearing her approach, he stood, wiping his hands upon his soiled apron and watched her, waiting for her to draw nearer.  Flashing her a somewhat toothless grin, and with sparkling black eyes that were barely visible through the tanned creases on his weathered face, she instantly liked him and his cheery disposition. 
“Good day to ye milady,” he nodded his head and wiped his perspiring brow with his worn sleeve.  “Tis a lovely day, is it not?” 
“Yes it is, to be sure!” 
“You must be the new governess, aye?” 
“One and the same,” she grinned. 
“Have a love for the outdoors, do ye?” 
“Very much, sir.” 
“Just call me Joe,” he seemed genuinely delighted to meet her. 
Carly was happy about his abundant show of friendship.  Smiling, she said, “How do you do, Joe?” 
“Well enuff.” 
Laughing to herself at the way his bushy gray brows seemed to dance with a life of their own when he talked. She recognized that this kind soul was the salt of the earth. 
“Is there sumpin’ I kin ‘elp ye with, milady?  T’would be me pleasure.” 
“I was wondering Joe, might you have a horse I may ride often?  Do you think it would be allowed?  I thought to ask Lord Huntington myself, but I did not realize I would find the stables today.” 
Delighted at her request, he exuberantly stated, “Of course!  Lots of ‘orses ‘ere!  T’would be grand, milady!” 
“Splendid!”  Carly’s face lit up with satisfaction.  “It may take me a few mornings before I would be ready to do so,” she explained. 
“I bet Clover is your ‘orse of choice, milady.  She’s gentle, yet enjoys a good rider?”  Waving his arm at her to follow him into the stable, he excitedly continued, “‘enry!  Let’s show our good lady ‘ere, our beautiful Clover, straight away!”  Immediately, a stable boy ran to show Clover off to the eager governess.  “What do ye think?  Is she right for ye, milady?”  A lively chestnut mare came forward at the insistence of the stable boy.  Joe handed Carly old, gnarled chunks of sweet carrot to win Clover’s friendship. 
“Oh!  She’s lovely, isn’t she?!” 
Joe was pleased at her compliment.  “She been waiting just for ye, milady.  I bet ye ‘ave a bit ‘o spirit in ye to match Clover’s?” 
Carly fed the curious mare which enabled her to rub her soft nose and head.  “I am sure we’ll get along splendidly, do you not think so Clover girl?”  Clover nudged Carly’s hand anxious for more treats, responding to her question by whinnying quietly. 
“You are a beauty,” Carly calmly said to the mare as she was allowed to continue her caresses.  “Would you like adventuring with me, Clover girl?”  Again, the horse whinnied in response. 
“I think we ‘ave a winner, what do ye think, ‘enry?”  The shy boy only nodded his head, but excitement filled his eyes.  “I shall ‘ave ‘er ready and waiting for ye, milady, as soon as tomorrow, if’n that be satisfactory?” 
“Oh!  Yes, indeed, Joe!  I look forward to spending time with her.  Such a lovely creature!”  Reluctantly turning away from Clover, Carly continued, “Thank you for your help.  Riding means so much to me.  I truly am in your debt.” 
“Think nuffin’ of it, milady.  ‘Tis me job an’ me pleasure!” 
Thanking him again, Carly departed the stables with a grateful smile covering her excited face.  She would look forward to getting to know both Clover and Joe.  So far, things were working out quite well, Carly thought with satisfaction. 

Thanks for reading!  Join me on Friday for a new post.  I always look forward to reading about Lord Huntington...

Thanks!
Ellise  :)

No comments: