Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Bi-Weekly Blog

Excerpt from The Governess -- Chapter 10 continued:       

     Carly’s face turned white as a sheet as she contemplated this request.  Astonished, she sat in silence for a moment as his request sank in, “Surely, you do not expect me to…want me to…but, I am your children’s governess.  I did not expect to be a part of your household in this way.” 
            “I am sure you did not.” 
            In Carly’s mind, she could see countless guests around the banquet table dressed in their finery.  Hers was so limited, she was sure to embarrass her master.  Looking down at her simple gown, she smoothed her skirt self consciously.  Mumbling, she whispered, “But…but, I do not have… I am sure I shall not fit in with your guests, my lord.” 
“Quite the contrary, my lady.  I think you will fit in very nicely.”  He contemplated the boring dinner parties of late.  How they piqued him!  Already he had had more interesting mealtimes spent with his governess than any in recent history.  He could not wait until tonight to see what next could possibly happen between them.  He had not been so entertained for quite some time.  It isn’t all bad, he thought.  Besides, her manners really were more than gracious.  He could tell that she had been groomed for society all her simple life. 
Creighton observed Lady Blakemore as she fidgeted with her hair, already nervous, it seemed, at putting a good foot forward.  Was she really that humble to not see her remarkable beauty that was apparent to all who must be in her company?  She undoubtedly was different from any lady, or governess for that matter, he had ever met. 
            “I have gone ahead and ordered a seamstress to come fit you for a new wardrobe.”  Holding up a hand to her immediate protests, he insisted, “I will supply this, since I am the one requiring this of you.  I believe it is good for ladies to remain socially engaged when possible, especially if you do not desire to get rusty in teaching my own children propriety and social etiquettes.  If I did not insist, my mother certainly would.  She will be joining us soon to live with us the rest of the year.  I would have to deal with her disappointment if this were not already taken care of for you.  Do you wish for me to be in trouble with my mother, Lady Blakemore?”  He was pleased with himself for sneakily figuring out how to renew her wardrobe. 
Watching him smile was fascinating, so opposite to his nature, but she shook her head, no.  But somehow she could not fathom this man being in trouble. 
“So, you see, it is of no use arguing with me on this point.  I wish you to be quite at home here.” 
            Shock showed upon her face as she said, “Yes, my lord.”  The beginnings of a frown creased her brow from worry. 
In addition to the dark circles under her eyes, his desire to keep her from distress prompted his next words.  “Are you up to meeting my children then?”  Her frown quickly disappeared, and she smiled an excited, enthusiastic smile, lighting the room.  Creighton kept his wonder to himself. 
“Oh yes, please, my lord!” 

Finally!  She's here to stay!  And...she finally 'officially' meets the children!  What an overprotective parent!  Can anyone else relate?  I can! :)  Find out more reasons why Lord Huntington is the way he is. 

Join me on Friday! 
Ellise ;)

No comments: