Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday, July 25, 2011 -- Twice Weekly Blog -- The Governess

Excerpt from The Governess -- Chapter 11 cont'd:


Dear Susannah,

            How I miss you, dear sister!  I think of you daily and miss our walks and talks about anything and everything.  I hope this letter finds you well and happy.  Tell me how you are doing and be completely honest.  I must know if you are healing from our loss of mother, and also what is actually taking place in your life so that I will not worry.  At least if I cannot do anything about it I can always pray for you, which, of course, I do anyway.  But help me be specific in my prayers, dear sister.  How are the children?  The staff?  Your master and mistress? 
            Huntington Manor is a very grand house with a large support staff that has been kind to me.  I even have my own personal maid, Millesant.  She is a dear girl and loves doing my hair even more than you do, if that is possible.  My rooms are lovely and adjoin to the children’s.  I say rooms, for I have a dressing and bathing room in my chambers!  Quite spoiled!
 I do love the children, Elspeth, 7, and Jonathon, 8.  They are good and rather brilliant, which, of course, makes my occupation much easier.  However, I need your help, please.  I must find some creative ways to bring Jonathon out more.  He has been deserted over and over again for two years by previous governesses and is distrustful.  I believe he thinks I will desert him also.  He finds satisfaction in playing tricks on me.  Any suggestions?  At least Elspeth loves me. 
            Lord Huntington, on the other hand, is quite troublesome.  Do not worry, sister.  I only tell you this because we are still working at establishing a relationship that we both can tolerate and live with, I suppose.  You know me and my opinions.  Have you had any trouble in this respect?  I suppose not since your temperament is quite perfect. 
He is an extremely generous master though as he has seen fit to have a new wardrobe made for me.  I must look frumpy?  This prospect is exciting, but I worry about you, so I will be sending you my frumpy old gowns just as soon as I can.  Even though you are taller than I am, you work miracles with needle and thread.
            Well, I must retire and will write again soon.  Please write back.  I know you will, silly me. 
                                                Your loving sister,
                                                Carly

Communication in any age has been important.  We love those whom we love, and love to hear from them, even in this instant digital age. 

Thanks for reading with me today!  Join me on Friday for more!
Ellise ;)

No comments: