Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday, August 26, 2011 -- The Governess -- A Twice Weekly Blog

Excerpt from The Governess -- Chapter 13 continued:           

“I wish only to get your permission since it will take some resources and planning to accomplish.  I will also need an approved location for his pirate ship to be kept.  I am very hopeful for the outcome.” 
            “But a ship?”  Lord Huntington looked at Lady Blakemore with incredulity.  “What a monstrosity!  What would we ever do with it once your treasure hunt is over, pray tell?” 
            “I am quite sure Jonathon will play with his ship for years to come, if it is done right, my lord.  I think even Elspeth would enjoy playing pirates, or something adventurous with Jonathon once it is finished.  Children can be ever so creative.  It would be good for them to have imaginative time to play and adventure together.  Maybe he would even like to make a little friend or two that would also enjoy playing these nice summer days away.” 
            “But what of his studies?  Is it only that you need more time off?” 
            “No, no!  Not at all!  I am quite fine, and Jonathon will always have his studies, my lord.  He is quite brilliant, and he is most able to do both at the same time.  In fact, I believe that if he has some of these unique opportunities to play and adventure, he will be even more accomplished in his studies.  I believe it is just what he needs.  Besides, I can incorporate adventure into our lessons by taking them around the world studying maps, trading routes, and so forth.  It would be quite enjoyable, the best way to learn!” 
            He was curious.  “But why do you care so very much, Lady Blakemore?  I have never had a governess who would go to so much trouble to make sure my son is…happy.” 
            “Well, of course, it is only because I…” Carly hesitated, surprising herself at what she had been about to say.  She blushed, stuttering, “…Only…because...” 
            “Yes?  Do go on,” Lord Huntington said even more curious now. 
            Carly was growing uncomfortable with the feelings that she was wishing to express, excited to realize how much she already cared for little Jonathon, yet worried about uttering such feelings for him to his father.  Deciding to be completely honest anyway, she said, “I love him, my lord.” 
            Lord Huntington could only stare at her, confusion growing upon his features.  “That is absurd.  You barely know him.” 
            “He is wonderful.”  She smiled timidly.  “He is so good, Lord Huntington.  You have an amazing little boy.” 
            He stood staring at her, baffled.  “Mrs. Thompson has informed me of some of the tricks he has played upon you, and yet you have never come to me and complained.” 
            “She knew?  I did not realize…” 
            “My staff tell me everything, Lady Blakemore.” 
            “Oh.” 
            “I told you my children could be quite troublesome, and yet I wonder that you would take so much pain to win him over.” 
            Her hackles went up.  “I am not trying to win him, my lord!  I wish for him to see life differently!  I want him to be a happy, normal little boy!  What I would not give to have him for my own so that I could love him always and make sure that he knows that he is so very, very important!”  Carly was breathing hard, exasperated at Lord Huntington.  Then she realized what she had said, her outburst disclosing to her master such personal feelings that she had of mothering his dear children. 
But it had been said, and she would not take it back. 

What an exciting adventure Carly is planning for Jonathon!  Will he feel his father's love and participation?

Thanks for reading with me today!  Join me on Monday for more.
Ellise ;)

No comments: