Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday, August 29, 2011 -- The Governess -- A Twice Weekly Blog

Excerpt from The Governess -- Chapter 13 continued:  

Lord Huntington stepped over to his study window looking out at nothing.  How could she have such strong feelings about his children?  He could sense her anger and impatience with him, her defensiveness over Jonathon.  It was quite shocking, really.  He was touched.  Thinking about how much fun he would have had on such a contraption as a boy, he would, indeed, have loved such an apparatus as a play ship built just for him.  It was a splendid idea, really!  But where would he put it?  
            Shaking his head, he turned around to face her again.  “I cannot see any reason why I should not grant this request, strange as it is, Lady Blakemore.”  Her smile was radiant!  “I will contract a builder and have him here this week to discuss your plans.” 
            “Oh, thank you, my lord!  Thank you so much!” 
            Smiling at her, he said, “You are very welcome.” 
            Before he could dismiss her, and without another breath, Carly began again, “My lord, I have been through the Long Gallery several times looking at the different portraits there.  I have noticed that there are portraits of very young children.” 
            “Yes…” Creighton was beginning to worry again. 
            “I was wondering.” 
            “Yes…” 
“Do Elspeth and Jonathon have their likeness portrayed anywhere here at Huntington Manor?” 
            So this was it?  She was going to make another request of him.  “No.” 
            “Do you not think it time that they did?  This also could be incorporated into my treasure hunt for your son.  It would be very exciting for him to think that he would finally be amongst his ancestors, his heritage.  And, of course, because he would be getting his portrait, Elspeth could get hers completed at the same time, do you not think so?” 
            Creighton sighed a heavy sigh.  She was determined, he could see.  She wanted so very much for his children to be happy.  How could he fault her for this?  Could he really be any luckier to have such a governess for his children?  She had not asked for much yet except for his personal involvement.  Portraits would be much easier, for he would not have to be present.  Conceding to her wishes, he said, “Of course, my lady.  Why not?” 
            “Oh!  You can be so kind and generous, my lord.  Thank you!”  She looked so surprised, it injured his pride. 
“I am glad you think I am kind and generous, my lady,” he said facetiously. 
Carly blushed at the realization of what she had said.  “I only meant to be grateful, sir.” 
He knew it was true.  “I do believe you have a very grateful heart.”  
Wondering if he was teasing again, she studied him.
“My compliment was earnestly meant…this time,” he smiled.  
“Oh.”  She blushed again. “Thank you.” 
“I will engage an artist and have someone here as soon as available.  Is that satisfactory, my lady?” 
“Oh, yes, my lord.”  As he began to sit down at his desk, she took his cue and said, “Again, I thank you, my lord.  If there is nothing further to discuss, I shall leave you.” 
“You may be excused.” 
“Good day, sir.” 
“And to you as well.”  He watched her leave the room.  She was aware that he did so.   But her mind quickly returned to her exciting plans. 
Oh!  Jonathon would be so happy! 

Treasure Hunts, Governesses, Masters, and rules.  So many things to think about!

Thanks for reading with me today!  Join me on Friday for more!
Ellise ;)

No comments: