Pitch

It's Here!

Book Two in The Huntington Saga Series Novels~

Pirate Bride!

Miss Susannah Blakemore is kidnapped and sold into white slavery as payback to the Huntingtons. Will her pirate hero save her?

“The Huntingtons will pay. Oh, they will pay.” Plots and unholy alliances are put into action carrying out long-awaited retribution.

Only … one was not thought of. One was not even considered. How would anyone have guessed that a descendant of a pirate would take up his old family tradition in a mad quest to regain his bitterly lost love? The Marquess of Latham will not abide by this act of violence arranged for his precious love, but will surely save her -- will he not? And will he make her the next pirate bride?

Next? There must be a first to have a 'next'. But there was another ... centuries ago ... that still walks the halls of Stonecrest Castle.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday, August 22, 2011 -- The Governess -- Twice Weekly Blog

Excerpt from The Governess -- Chapter 13 continued:

At that moment, Heather, the shy parlourmaid, entered the salon and curtsied to her bringing forward a silver tray with a letter placed upon it.  Smiling kindly, she said, “A letter ‘as arrived for you, milady.” 
            Carly smiled happily, and thanked Heather again and again for bringing her this welcomed diversion.  Placing the book of poetry down, she thought to herself that she would read no more of this gloom.  She was, in her mind’s eye, already returning it to the library shelf. 
As Heather quietly exited the room, Carly welcomed the reading of her sister’s response, enjoying the constant rhythm of the rain. 

Dear Carly,

            I was so happy to receive your letter today!  I have been so lonely for you, my sweet Carly.  I wholly regret our separation, but know that it must be.  Put your mind at ease, though, dear sister, for I too have a loving family and children to be with.  The Radford’s are kind and their staff as well.  The children are Mary, 8, Thomas, 10, and George, 12.  It seems so very odd teaching children that are almost as old as I am.  After all, eighteen is not that far removed, is it? 
            You do make me worry about your master, Carly.  Is he good to you?  You must watch your tongue.  You have a way of getting yourself into trouble.  I am afraid I always let you do the talking and so I am not good at negotiations. 
            Now this situation with the little boy, Jonathon.  How sad that he is troubled.  But if anyone can pull his heart strings, it will be you, my dear Carly.  I am so happy to know he has you to rely upon.  When reading your letter, the most wonderful idea occurred to me.  What do you think of a treasure hunt, just for him, your little pirate?  I thought it intriguing and wondered if you thought it a fun plan to put into action?  Let me know how things go between the two of you.  I find it difficult to believe that his heart could remain unattached from yours for long. 
My mistress has told me that I may visit you anytime that it is convenient, except when we are on holiday, so please let me know if I may.  The weather is awful here, so, I too, think of our walks in the gardens.  How I do miss home and mother and father, and you.  I am so lucky to have you.  I always count my blessings, and give thanks in prayer.  I pray for you daily, as well, knowing that the good Lord will watch over you better than I. 
            I will write again soon, for I know how much I will treasure each of your letters. 

                                                With all my love,
                                                Susannah

What will become of these sisters?  Thanks for joining me today!  Join me Friday for more.
Ellise ;)

No comments: